What is Secure Data Online?
Secure Data Online is an online storage service, providing three innovative and powerful products:
• Secure Data Online Backup – a very simple, secure and robust online backup solution. Secure Data Online Backup keeps a copy of your files safely online, so that if they are lost or damaged you can retrieve them quickly and easily.
• Secure Data Online Briefcase – a place to put the files you use most regularly, and access them absolutely anywhere. Secure Data Online Briefcase appears as a new drive on your PC, and you can use it just like any other drive, but your Briefcase files are also copied online and you can view or edit them from any web browser. If you install Secure Data Online Briefcase on more than one computer, all of the files are the same on every PC, and changes you make on one machine are replicated across all of your other computers.
• Secure Data Online Business – a complete cloud storage solution for your business. Backup every PC in your office using Secure Data Online Backup; give every user in your company a Secure Data Online Briefcase; and create Team Folders that are synced between sets of users – they’re great for collaboration and sharing files between departments.
When you sign up for Secure Data Online you can purchase Secure Data Online Backup just by itself, Secure Data Online Briefcase by itself, or Pro Suite – which is a combination of Secure Data Online Backup and Secure Data Online Briefcase in one simple package. Secure Data Online for Business is available in our For Business section.
What is the difference between Secure Data Online Backup and Secure Data Online Briefcase?
Secure Data Online Backup is a very simple (yet powerful) online backup solution. You choose which folders you want to backup, and Secure Data Online backup will work in the background to protect the contents of those folders while you work. You can set it up and forget about it.
Secure Data Online Briefcase is our flexible and innovative access-anywhere product, that lets you access your files wherever you go, and see the same files on all of your PCs. Secure Data Online Briefcase will change the way that you view files – no longer are they static objects on one computer, but they go with you wherever you go and you never need be without them again.
Where are my files stored?
Your files are usually stored both on your own computer and in Secure Data Online’s state-of-the-art data centres. By storing your files in both places you can be sure that you have access to your files and can use them as normal even when you’re not online.
Our data centers use cutting edge, military grade technology to make sure that your data is both safe and highly accessible. Our main data centre is in London, UK.
What does unlimited storage space mean?
Our backup accounts come with unlimited online storage. Unlimited storage space means that you can put as much as you want on your Secure Data Online without worrying about it – and can therefore backup your entire PC, no matter how much stuff you have on it. Many of our customers store hundreds of gigabytes, some store over a terabyte. We don’t limit the amount you backup, nor do we limit the amount you upload or download to the Secure Data Online servers (the bandwidth). You really can use Secure Data Online as much as you want. We also keep all of your deleted files up to 30 days from the date of deletion to give you the chance to restore your deleted data if needed. The data will be removed permenantely from our servers after that period.
Do you ever limit bandwidth or transfer speeds?
No – there are not any limits on how much bandwidth you can use each month. Nor are there limits on the speed of your transfers beyond the natural limits of technology – our data centres have super fast connections. Unlike some other providers we don’t punish you for making use of our service by throttling your bandwidth just because you store a lot.
How secure is Secure Data Online?
Secure Data Online is very secure. Our data centres use military-grade technology to keep your files encrypted and safe. We support SSL transfers between your PC and our servers too, so there’s no risk of people intercepting your data while it is uploaded or downloaded.
All of the data that you put on Secure Data Online is backed up redundantly across multiple locations, so it is fully protected against hardware failure or other damage.
Why do I need Secure Data Online?
Over 60% of users have lost irreplaceable data from their computer. The files you store on your computer – photos, music, videos, emails and documents – are increasingly precious, but they’re so easy to lose. Hard drive failure, fire, theft or even just accidental user error can wipe out highly important content in seconds.
Before online backup technology you could only back up your data to CDs, DVDs, external drives or even backup tape, but all of this takes effort, you need to remember to do it, and they’re about as susceptible to failure, loss and damage as the PC itself.
Secure Data Online gets rid of this problem completely by providing a simple, secure and robust online backup solution. Just install it, select which folders you want to backup and forget about it. There’s no need to schedule your backups or leave your PC on overnight – it backs up your files as you work. There’s no limit on how much you back up either, so it’s completely hassle free.
Secure Data Online Briefcase takes this one step further by setting your files free and letting you access them wherever you are. See the same files on every computer you use – you can use them just like any other file on your computer, but if you change them, they will automatically change on all of your other PCs. View and even edit your documents online from any web browser anywhere. Even access your files on your go from your mobile.
Which operating systems does Secure Data Online support?
The Secure Data Online desktop software runs on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6.
The Secure Data Online web portal can be used by all of the major web browsers, including Internet Explorer 7 or later, Firefox 2 or later and Safari 3 or later. Some features on the web portal require recent versions of Java or Flash.
The Secure Data Online mobile portal can be used by most mobile web browsers, including Opera – just visit https://m.Secure Data Online.com/ on your phone to get started. There is dedicated support for iPhone, Android and Blackberry users, and a free app for iPhone, iPad and Android is available from the iTunes App Store or Android Market. For more information, see our Mobile FAQs Downwards.
Can the Desktop Software run from a FAT32 drive?
Drives can be configured in many different formats. Most modern drives are configured in a format called NTFS, but some drives use a much older format called FAT32. Although the Secure Data Online Desktop Software can be configured to store its cache on a FAT32 drive, it is recommended that you use an NTFS-formatted drive instead if possible. This is because the Secure Data Online Desktop Software stores information about your files in a folder on your chosen cache drive, and FAT32 is limited to 15,000 files per folder. This means that if you put a lot of files on your Briefcase, or backup a large number of files with Backup, then the Secure Data Online Desktop Software will stop syncing correctly.
When installing Secure Data Online on your PC, the Desktop Software will try to select an NTFS drive to use by default. If you try to select a FAT32 drive instead, the installer will warn you.
Note that this will not affect the folders that you choose to backup with Secure Data Online Backup. If you want to backup files on a drive that’s formatted in FAT32 then you will experience no problems at all, as long as your Secure Data Online cache is on an NTFS drive.
What are the minimum system requirements for Secure Data Online?
• 1 GHz Intel or equivalent CPU
• 512 MB of RAM
• Windows XP/Vista/7/Server 2003 or Later
• Broadband Internet Connection
• Internet Explorer 7 or higher/Firefox 2.0 or higher/Google Chrome/Safari
• The latest versions of Java and Flash.
How can I keep up with news at Secure Data Online?
You can keep up with the latest news at Secure Data Online by visiting our Blog, our Facebook page or our Twitter account. You can also view our service status page to keep track of any planned maintenance.
Secure Data Online Backup
What is Secure Data Online Backup?
Secure Data Online Backup is a simple and secure online backup solution – it keeps a copy of your files safely online, so that if the files are ever lost or damaged you can restore them quickly and easily. Secure Data Online Backup is very easy to set up, and once it’s configured you can just forget about it.
What makes Secure Data Online Backup special?
There are many things about Secure Data Online Backup that make it stand out from other backup solutions. Here are just a few of them:
• Extremely easy to set up – our simple step-by-step setup wizard helps you choose which files you want to backup. It literally takes a minute, and once you’re done, you don’t need to worry about it ever again.
• Backs up your files as you work – you don’t need to worry about leaving your computer on overnight, or your backup suddenly starting up at a set time when you’re trying to do something else. You certainly don’t need to remember to do anything. Secure Data Online Backup just silently backs up your files as you work, so as soon as you change a file it’s instantly protected.
• Stored off-site for complete safety – unlike backing up to an external drive, CD or DVD, Secure Data Online Backup copies your files to our secure servers in our carrier-grade data centres. This means that if the worst should happen- fire or theft – your data is still securely backed up in a completely different location to your PC.
• Completely unlimited storage space – you can back up as much as you want with Secure Data Online. You don’t need to worry about your CD, DVD or backup tape being full – it will just keep backing up no matter how much you have on your PC.
• Restore previous versions of files – sometimes a file is not lost or damaged, it’s just been changed in a way you don’t want. Maybe someone made alterations to a file and you need to restore it to a previous version. With Secure Data Online Backup you can – it stores the last 30 versions of any file, and you can download the older editions with one click.
• View your backup files online from anywhere – your backups are not compressed into some obscure format or hidden in a dusty filing cabinet – they’re live online. Simply log in to your secure web portal and view them from anywhere. You can even play your music, view your Office documents, watch your movies and display your photos right from within your web browser!
How do I download and install the Backup software?
To download the Secure Data Online Desktop software simply login to your web portal, click on the Account Settings tab and select Software Download. This page will show you how to download and install the latest version – it’s very easy and literally takes minutes.
How do I choose which files to backup?
When you first install the Secure Data Online Desktop software the welcome wizard will guide you through selecting the folders you want to backup.
Once Secure Data Online Backup is installed and running, you can add any folder to the backup list just by right clicking on it and selecting Backup with Secure Data Online Backup:
Or on a Mac, select the folders in Finder, and then select “Selected Files” > “Backup this folder” from the Secure Data Online menu next to your clock at the top right of your screen. Secure Data Online will then upload the contents of that folder in the background. In future Secure Data Online will monitor the folder and any files you add or change will be uploaded instantly in the background as you work.
Advanced users can easily manage all of the folders you want to backup by opening the Secure Data Online Settings screen in your Windows Control Panel, clicking on the Services tab and selecting “Select folders and files to backup”. From here you can manually add and remove folders to your backup.
When does Secure Data Online Backup run?
Secure Data Online Backup doesn’t run to a schedule – it just works in the background and constantly backs up your files as you work. Therefore you don’t need to keep your PC on overnight or worry about whether the backup ran at a certain time – your files are protected all of the time.
How do I schedule a backup?
Secure Data Online Backup does not currently have a scheduled backup option – it constantly protects your files as you work. If you change a file or add a file to the folders that you are protecting, Secure Data Online Backup will instantly upload it without interrupting you.
Where can I see the files I’ve backed up?
The files that you’ve backed up are all available from your secure web portal. Login with your Secure Data Online account e-mail address and password, and click on the Backup tab – you’ll be able to browse your files just like you can in Windows. You can download files or folders from here with one click, but you can also do so much more – you can watch your movies, view your Office documents, play your music and display your photos right from within your web browser!
What happens if I delete a file from my PC?
If you delete a file on your PC then it is moved to the Recycle Bin in your web portal (even if it isn’t in your Recycle Bin in Windows). It stays here for at least 30 days, so you can restore it quickly and easily. To access your Recycle Bin, login to your web portal, click on the Backup tab and see the Recycle Bin in the left hand navigation.
What is the chance I lose my data EVEN by Secure Data Online service?
At Secure Data Online our mission is to reduce the risk of data loss. Although there is no absolute gaurantee to vanish this risk, using our service may drastically decrease the chances you lose your backed up data permenantely.
Will my data stay on your servers permenantly?
We keep your files as long as you choose to keep the service. We also keep your deleted files for 30 days from the date it was deleted from your computer(s). However if you choose to close your account, lapse the payment, and violate our terms and conditions your files may be removed from our servers.
Do you have access to my files?
NO! At Secure Data Online we our clients’ privacy is an important factor. We never access your files and contents. Therefore you are the sole responsible parties for the contents you are uploading to our servers. Please consult with our terms and conditions for more details.
If you have any question or trouble just Contact Us